Free step-by-step tutorials

Free step-by-step tutorials by Tania Zakharchenko

Monday, April 21, 2008

How to make convex shapes or Tools from trash (Part 1)

Author: Tania Zakharchenko

Many of my tools are “tools from trash”.
Now I'll discover one of my secrets!

For example, to make this pendant I used one unusual tool.

To make convex shapes I use … bottom of beverage cans!

How to use (technical details):

- various cans have different radius of curvature. Use the same cans for twin pieces (earrings).
- the maximum diameter of piese is approx. 47 - 48 mm, sometimes up to 50 mm.
- Take the piece away before it gets cold.

Attention!
Work carefully or protect the sharp edges with sticky tape!

Unbaked pieces look like this:


Finally, some of my works (with the use of can bottoms):




to be continued...
--------

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home